Update the Forum Rules

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Maragaram

Update the Forum Rules

Post by Maragaram » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:35 am

Good enough for me!
Last edited by Maragaram on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Update the Forum Rules

Post by Mithreas » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Forum rules wrote:I really would rather there never be a laundry list of "Do not say these words" or "Taboo Subjects and post types".
It's generally considered a Good Idea on internet forums that aren't specifically about those subjects not to discuss RL politics or RL religions. I could add a few more topics that are always likely to end badly.

I really don't want to come up with a list of banned subjects. But in general, if a post subject is likely to lead to lots of heated debate, it's probably a bad idea to introduce it in a community that's focused on having fun together.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.