Remove the portal/NPC that leads to Red Dragon Isle

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

-Heavyline-

Remove the portal/NPC that leads to Red Dragon Isle

Post by -Heavyline- » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:22 am

A simple suggestion, but... Can we remove the portal and the semi-secret NPC that leads you to Red Dragon Isle?

We got PC ships. Ownable and rentable. Removing the portal would increase traffic in the high seas especially with high level characters. I've noticed that non-pirate PC ships are mostly used for Skal and Blackfin Rock at the moment.

I understand why the portal was added there years ago. I remember getting to Red Dragon Isle via NPC in Wharftown cost alot of money! You had to save money to get there and once you were there, you could return anytime with a portal. We didn't have PC ships then. Now it only costs 500g to travel there with Penny Rose.

Once you're done in the RDI.. the portal at the end after the boss should lead you to the start of RDI (beach, near the boats) like at the end of Blackfin Rock.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Remove the portal/NPC that leads to Red Dragon Isle

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:30 pm

People could get stranded, so at very least an exit portal would have to remain.

Otherwise, Approved.

Irongron

Re: Remove the portal/NPC that leads to Red Dragon Isle

Post by Irongron » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:54 pm

I have reconsidered this, in light of a potential future update to the RDI. I don't currently want to limit travel to the RDI to PC ships only.