-Staff command for mages

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Bones Mist and Moons
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

-Staff command for mages

Post by Bones Mist and Moons » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:06 pm

I remember this being suggested once before, but it apparently wasn't possible in NWN coding. I'm wondering if a solution could be found now that we have Enhanced Edition.

It's an eyesore and feels wierd to roleplay doing things with your hands when your mage character is holding a staff 24/7. Mage's don't want to unequip their staves and lose their spell slots and have to reset everything then wrestle the Rest Meter, just to free up their hands for mundane RP they know they'll be picking their staff back up again in a moment.

Is it possible to get a command similiar to -helm, -hood, and -cloak where mage's can put their staves away without losing/reseting their stats?
Don't use cross-area parties and -dispel while idle. Every bit of lag less is a penny in my therapy jar.

Bones - Necromancy, Life, Death, Creation, Time.
Mist - Mystery, Secrecy, Mysticism, Beauty.
Moons - Light, Dark, Space, Magic, Travel.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: -Staff command for mages

Post by Irongron » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:20 pm

I think this will get problematic to do, honestly. Players may accidentally lose the invisible item.

Rejected.