Commoner to Adventurer Transition

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Huschpfusch

Commoner to Adventurer Transition

Post by Huschpfusch » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:13 pm

If this has not been already thought about, consider the following:
A path of transition from commoner to adventurer class for the ultimate hardcore apprentice roleplay! :roll:
The introduction of learnable feats by commoners.
Learnable from NPCs or/AND (rather AND) learnable from adventurer class PCs! (like language learning)
No hyperpowerful feats. Just feats that get them started storywise from...
commoner type apprentice to ultimately adventurer class.
And for the final transition NPC conversation -> make me into baseclass (and/or maybe during DM event of rite of passage)
Character then is set back to lvl1 but in chosen adventurer class
There could and should be some reward for that story intense slowcoaching from commoner to lvl 1 adventurer
to compensate the loss of commoner class cookies
maybe some reward or a onetime little bonus to crafting.

Transition should probably be available only prior to epic lvls (or even <16), thus emulating the rl fact that with the passing of time the possibility of severe careerpathchanges decreases.

And if the courier writs would be made for commoners like someone else already suggested there would be plenty of opportunities for commoner to bump into teacher-to-be.

And if the learnable feats were insignificant enough and unlimited enough class-wise it would be finally possibly to play:
ABSEEEEEEERD
:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZCIh_3b5K8
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Commoner to Adventurer Transition

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:45 pm

This is actually a nice idea, but I think it would be difficult to code, and I'm uncomfortable with encouraging players to start as commoners.

Rejected (much as I like it)