Name Change Tool

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Maladus

Name Change Tool

Post by Maladus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:17 pm

I have had this problem so many times that I feel like there should be a better way of doing things. On the Surface this may not be as much of a problem, but in the tumultuous world of Andunor where Drow houses rise and fall there is an almost constant need for the ability to change one's own name to reflect changing allegiances. What I am suggesting is the creation of a tool that would automate this process to make the lives of both players AND DM's much easier. I don't know the ins and outs of this but I feel like it should be relatively simple to come up with a system that allows for this while maintaining server vault integrity. The obvious thing is that there would need to be some sort of cooldown on it...something like a week or a month should suffice.

Thank you.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Name Change Tool

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Sadly this will have to remain in DM hands, and subject to their approval.

Rejected.