Darkcloak

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Sniz

Darkcloak

Post by Sniz » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:17 am

There is a sect of Shar that is darkcloaks who are not necessarily evil

Please open cleric alignment restrictions so that role can be fulfilled.

it is fairly mad hatter to say one representation is accepted where as another is not for purposes of rp especially when explicitly stated as such. It would add more dynamism to rp and I would probably continue playing here if this was available.

at very least maybe chaotic neutrals been suggested or acceptable from the most opposed to this idea -

Darkcloaks
Unusual among other orders in the Church, the Darkcloaks were actually a compassionate group of oracles and care-givers who tended to those troubled souls who were emotionally damaged, often bringing the bliss of forgetfulness to soothe their pain. Their work did much to present the church in a positive light to the populace, though quite often the reaction was still negative. This order included some of the few non-evil, and even law-abiding clerics of the Church.[6]

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Darkcloak

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:44 pm

The Darkcloaks sound interesting, but for the purposes of Arelith and NWN I'm going to have to say no. Being neutral has distinct mechanical advantages, and I suspect if we supported this all of our resident Sharrans would choose to be one.

Rejected.