Family Member Token (because you don't get to select your siblings IRL!)

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

let it trip

Family Member Token (because you don't get to select your siblings IRL!)

Post by let it trip » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Hello all,

I had a random thought so bear with me but the idea was that upon character creation, you may ask for a Family Member Token. What this does is allows DMs to see who has one, and this does not need to be an in-depth thing but you can perhaps ask the players where the characters are from geographically (or this can be recorded on the Token anyway) and characters could be matched up as siblings or cousins or whatever it is.

I'm not saying you need to make it a major plot thing about your character but it could be a little fun, gives a few extra little interactions easily and it could be really helpful especially for new players because then maybe your big bro has your back on this isle!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Family Member Token (because you don't get to select your siblings IRL!)

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:46 pm

This would require a fair bit of DM oversight, and I don't really see the need for it.

Rejected.