Epic Writs

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Gee look who

Epic Writs

Post by Gee look who » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:27 pm

Writs are fun, until you get to level 21.

Gives you a sense of goal. A reason to adventure, other the "lets just go kill everything in a cave".

I love them.

But it gets a little boring after level 20. So I thought we could have epic writs.
Some greater institution could sponsor writs that are not for the common people.

Examples:
1. Slay the leader of X, Y and Z faction. (requiring you to complete 3 dungeons)
2. Slay some hideous creature in plane X. (requiring you to go to a plane and find a secret creature)
3. Find the [put the name of an epic item here] (those you would pick after finding some item
(that would tell the player that its a epic plot item, and you would travel to the city/temple that wants it,
and deliver it for Xp/gold, or even items) Example of item: Piece of the First Moradin's Hammer [EPIC])

Like normal writs, you could have only 3 of them in a time, but the timespan for them
would be a week. And they could give you xp and gold. Maybe even some rare item roll.

This would give epic levels so much flavor, please do it ;)

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Epic Writs

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:15 pm

I get there is a strong desire for them, but from teh outset we didn't want general writs for epic characters, though '1 shot' class writ systems will be added in time, simiar to the pirates and Radiant Heart.

Rejected