Private "OOC Character Notes/Events" Forum

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Germain

Private "OOC Character Notes/Events" Forum

Post by Germain » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:34 am

I would like to suggest having a private forum for the purpose of keeping track of character notes/events/goals/etc.. This would only be view-able by the original creator and the DMs (or other suitable behind the scenes individuals). The forum should only be used for OOC notes and would serve as both a place to keep track of things for yourself and would allow DMs an opportunity to see if there is anything that they may take interest in.

Examples would be (utilizing my own character as a point of reference):

- Conducted a sermon before a small crowd at the shores of the sea. Spoke of the importance of paying tribute to Umberlee, so as to not invoke her wrath before sailing.

- Converted character X (Player name Y) to the faith of Umberlee. Had them kneel within the freezing waters of the sea and repeat a prayer/oath.

- Attended a meeting with Characters X, Y, and Z about a plot to overthrow ABC.

or something like

- Edala is currently working on gathering resources to improve upon the various shrines and altars of Umberlee. She has paid other players 500 gp to gather X and safely deliver them to Y location.

- Edala was asked by character X (Player name Y) to scout the southern shores in hopes of locating X. Upon receiving the request, she informed character X's rival... character Z of the news.

- Edala has been thrown out of X settlement by character Y, who is a guardsman of X settlement, for bearing her trident.

All of this would obviously be optional, but it could be a nice to help keep track of things for folks and maybe even a way for DMs to follow-up on assessing Role Play Bonus (RBP or RPR) in game for players. Thanks for hearing me out.
Current Character: Umrae Freth

Previous: Edala Helder, Maethe N'Shee, Elerra Hyluan

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Private "OOC Character Notes/Events" Forum

Post by Irongron » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:31 am

While I see the utility, we'd be stretching our ability to manage the forums. I would advise keeping track privately of such things, and PMing the Active DM team if you think you have anything they might be interested in. There is no harm in asking.

Rejected.