Halfbreed Camp Requests Improvements

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Grench02

Halfbreed Camp Requests Improvements

Post by Grench02 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:48 pm

We the residents of the Halfbreed Camp (Orcblood Camp) near Crow's Nest would like to make a few changes to the camp.

The Camp Gate. This is our highest priority.
Our camp gate keeps out those who would visit us in peace or wish to leave notes on our doors. The gate does nothing to stop those seeking mischief. The camp's law stone says that the camp is for all orc-blooded to live together - but the gate does not open for Orog. It can be bashed or opened with a wand or Jel can be persuaded. Friendly visitors won't bother to figure out a way in. Mischief makers are hardly slowed down if at all by it.

We would like to change our gate so that it functions as Bendirdale's gate does. Normally able to be opened by all with a remote lever such that the camp residents can 'lock it up' when needed. We would like this lever to be placed on the current Chieftan's quarters rooftop near the little door-house.

We feel that, "fixing the gate," would add more foot traffic to the camp stores as people from Crow's Nest and visiting our end of the Isle who wish to use our portal - without them having to bash down our gate to get to it. "Fixing the gate" has been the prime topic of every 'camp meeting' we have had over the last real-time six months.

Messenger
There is no messenger service near the Halfbreed Camp. We would like one - and I think we have come up with an ideal solution. In Dark Heart you will find an interactive Parrot. We would like a camp messenger Parrot service akin to how Darrowdeep has a Herald, other areas have Hins or Goblins or other. A Parrot messenger service would fit in perfectly in any of the jungle or tropical island areas and should not be too onerous to implement?
A parrot swoops down from above! SQUAK! Heya, I'm at the Halfbreed Camp, some see me? Rukrog.

New Chieftan's Quarters.
From the back end of the rooftop garden of the current Chieftan's headquarters is a small island. The rooftop garden and the island both have a grey ramp stone facing each other. I propose that a rope bridge be placed to connect these two points. A new Chieftan's quarters - as a cave or very small fort or lighthouse - could then be placed on or in this island. The purpose of this is twofold: increase camp quarters count by one and to free up the current Chief's quarters for the next request.

We want a tavern.
Every other settlement in and out of Arelith has a bar where people can congregate. This step of the proposal is to turn the former Chieftan's quarters into a bar & inn. The current bedroom becomes a communal crash pad of bear rugs. The main room fills with tables and a counter and a bartender. This would give 'guests' a place to sleep (like in other taverns) as well as a place out of the rain to talk and whatnot. The current rooftop garden on this residence becomes a rooftop beer and party garden.

An Arena
We Orcblooded fight as a way of life. A punch in the chest is just a way of saying, "Hi! I respect you!" We live in seaside caves with sandy beaches and atolls nearby. This proposal is to add a transition spot (a skiff or 'walk through the shallows') on our beach that transports to a mid-sized stand-alone sandy island (atoll) where we can spill some training blood together.

Race Restricted Residence Ownership
Right now, anyone who can bash, bypass or wand our gate open can rent an unoccupied cave-home and there is not a thing we can do about it. Other areas have race based restrictions on who can rent/own a residence. We would like all cave-homes restricted to Half Orc and Orog only.

A new name.
Calling our home Halfbreed Camp is, frankly, a derogatory. A settlement should be named by it's residents, not those in passing as a snide reference. We have taken to calling it the Orcblood Camp. Changing the name of this area from Halfbreed Camp to Orcblood Camp might also cut down on the confusion of people following the writ to kill everyone in the "Halfbreed Camp". The writ means the Half Orcs outside Sibayad, but we get the occasional visitor who thinks they need to kill us all.

The net intention of all of this is to make the camp grow and prosper and encourage Half Orc and Orog to fulfill the camp's role play purpose. I have discussed the above with several of the camp's current and former members. Please feel free to contact me in game or PM here. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with a DM or builder in-game in-character.

Thank you,

Phurp Le'One
Orcblood Camp Chieftan

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Halfbreed Camp Requests Improvements

Post by Irongron » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:51 pm

This area is still quite recent and we have no plans to work on it further. It is not intended as a settlement but rather a satellite of the Crow's Nest. If such additions are to be made they will be made there. I also do not wish it as a location for Underdark orogs.

Though we can change it to Orcblood camp.

Rejected (save for the last part)