Highly Prominent 'New?' forum link

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Highly Prominent 'New?' forum link

Post by triaddraykin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:24 pm

I have a lot of exposure to customers that I get to talk about all sorts of topics for a decent length of time to fill the time while I'm driving them places. Several I've told about Arelith. The most recent one was really interested, but in showing him the website I noticed there wasn't a 'Completely new to Neverwinternights and Arelith? Look here!' sort of guide that either existed, or was easily found.

I'd suggest that either
A) a prominent link that does just that on either the main site or the forums, or
B) have it only there when someone goes there that isn't signed in to an account.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Highly Prominent 'New?' forum link

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:16 am

We have the playerhandbook project which covers a lot of this, and is featured on the main page, in addition to a FAQ and other useful links.

I really don't feel there is much more we can do here.

Rejected.