Special Appearence Rings for Art Crafting

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Yma23

Special Appearence Rings for Art Crafting

Post by Yma23 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:02 pm

First off - I love this suggestion
viewtopic.php?f=15&p=207705#p207705

But wanted to add a small 'extra' to it. Let's say the idea of adding more magic ring items make the devs weep in dispair, tear their hair out and shiver in dread at considering more carefully balenced items.

Fair enough.

How about this: With Haks we can mow give items new appearences. So why not find a few new appearences for rings that work well with NWN, and then add those (or even just one or two of them) as the default, mundane 'rings' for Art Crafting. That way people have an incentive to make those.

To add - I do love the idea of more magical rings that are craftable. Very much. And if it's a choice between these two suggestions - go for that one! But with this idea even 'mundane' items some value.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Special Appearence Rings for Art Crafting

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:29 am

Rejecting this, and my approved version of the associated suggestion really covers this, and I don't want to leave too many duplicate approved suggestions in that forum.

Rejected.