Blackguards Create Undead.

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Kaymon24

Blackguards Create Undead.

Post by Kaymon24 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:33 pm

I have tried the new undead given to the Blackguard on arelith and I find the Morhg to not really be that helpful at low levels. Can we replace him with something slightly better? Like the thing has no DR and easily dies all the time... a nwn default skeleton chieftain is better than that summon, or perhaps add DR to it. But that is not the main suggestion on this topic for BG's.

We all know at level 15 Blackguard, the BG can take Epic Fiendish Servant feat to summon the strongest fiend or devil on the server... and all of them do 40-60 damage a hit with 40 some AB. A doom knight has a 31 first attack and a BG can summon one of them. so the create undead feat has pretty much lost it's purpose once the BG gets epic fiendish servant and won't really summon the doom knight anymore and honestly, the Gelugon/Glabrezu/Nycaloth have better stats than the doom knight and are better summons to use for the BG.

My idea is to make this feat stronger and more useful so more players on the server will create undead more and still have the variety to summon their outsider as well to make the class a bit more enjoyable. The blackguard could use it's inflict serious/critical wounds feat to heal their undead every hit he does having that powerful negative energy bond to their summon. Similar to a warlocks negative energy bonus but it could heal them like 1d8 negative for inflict critical wounds and 1d6 negative energy for inflict serious wounds on the BG's weapon (not sure if this is possible) or even improve to heal more damage based on BG levels.

Or even perhaps when the BG is higher level he/ can summon 2 doom knights so they appear to be some undead body guards one on each side of him. Just a thought to give this feat a stronger purpose.

Let me know what you guys think and thanks.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Blackguards Create Undead.

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:58 pm

I think there could be some improvements to their sommons, and a means to heal them, I don't really want to approve more summon reworks right now though (though I like the double doom knight aspect.

Rejected (but will keep in mind should we get around to doing something with Blackguard in future)