Redesigning Dwoemercraft.

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Volograd
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Redesigning Dwoemercraft.

Post by Volograd » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:34 pm

I was originally a fan of decoupling it from the Enchantment spell focus tree, but I think we can do even better.

Tie it to custom feats, which allow a character to choose their path instead of every wizard and spell caster inevitably becoming a master dwoemercrafter.

I find it rather silly that my wizard is capable of enchantment on par with the mightiest of his ilk, despite never once putting any study or practice into it. It’s an easy thing to role play (not a gambling man, etc), but this line of role play got me thinking.

I’m just putting this idea out as food for thought. Hard mechanics and whatnot aren’t my forte.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Redesigning Dwoemercraft.

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:41 pm

I think you're probably right, but given we recently lost the developer responsible for this system, I'm not in favour of asking another to rework it so soon.

Rejected.