Add Sound Lance to Feylock spell list

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Laggy

Add Sound Lance to Feylock spell list

Post by Laggy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:38 pm

Feylocks feel a little undertuned right now, and specifically they get their huge power spike mid-levels (when Haste becomes available) but their later levels are really underwhelming in comparison. Sound Lance is a cool, thematically fitting spell, custom and shiny, and wouldn't threaten to overshadow them over Fiendlocks.

Perhaps throwing it in at the same level they get Dirge (25) feels like it'd be a potentially neat addition. It doesn't have the raw damage output of Ice Storm, but is more party-friendly and more support-oriented, which is where Feylock's identity is.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Add Sound Lance to Feylock spell list

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Irongron wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:44 pm
As I said in a previous post I don't want to touch Warlocks for the time being, as I'm hoping a NWN EE update will allow us to make this a full class at some point in the next year. Though it is a decent suggestion.

Rejected