More items like Rogue Leather?

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Vespidae

More items like Rogue Leather?

Post by Vespidae » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:04 pm

Rogue Leather, apart from the amazing stats, is a really cool item in one specific way. It's -really- hard to make. If you want to make one from scratch, you have to make Leather Armour first. Then use that in a recipe for Fine Leather Armour. Then make -that- into a Fleixible Leather Suit. Then make that into an Enchanted Flexible leather suit. Eventually, you can turn -that- into Rogue leathers. It's lengthy - way more so than almost anything else in the crafting menus, at a total of 877 CP (although because of craft mastery, the first few parts of this will go much faster than, say Runic ranger leather which has a massive DC but 750CP)

But, the joy of it is that you are effectively upgrading your armour as you go. I made a suit of regular leathers for Duster, and have been 'upgrading' them ever since into better versions, wearing each new version as I reached it.

It feels a lot cooler than "well this masterly steel sword is pretty cool and I had some good times with it, but I'm more skilled now so I'm gonna sell it and buy a masterly damask one"

Suggestion, then is: Make it so that you can use existing weapons and armour as crafting components for better versions, e.g if you have a Damask sword, you can upgrade to Masterly Damask with 4 coal and 1 ingot of Adamantine. Maybe some other new recipes for cloaks, boots, belts and helms that follow the same principle. I think it would be extremely cool and would preserve the sense of weapons and armour being cherished and valuable items rather than graded, disposable kit.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: More items like Rogue Leather?

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:08 am

I think this would conflict with enchanting.

You would have to allow it to only be done with non-enchanted weapons, and thus would discourage players from enchanting until they'd reached the top tier of weapon, and thus would further encourage people to put things on hold until a higher level. The idea is nice though, it just would conflict with existing systems.

(And it would be at least a week's work to revsit so many recipes)

Rejected.