Re-instate Memory Loss Post-Death

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Lindos

Re-instate Memory Loss Post-Death

Post by Lindos » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:07 pm

When I first played on the server, this was in fact a rule which I thought perfectly made sense as some sort of actual consequence of dying. Somewhere in a period where I was on a break from Arelith, this changed to the current rule which states according the wiki:

Memory loss

In contrast to previous ruling and DnD lore, a character is free to remember any and all details of their death, and even the events that may occur in the Fugue Plane.

However, playing the post-raise amnesia is perfectly acceptable, and even encouraged.

I would like to suggest, to revert this change to the old ruling.
Thank you.
Discord: Lindos#9637

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Re-instate Memory Loss Post-Death

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:43 am

Rejected. I want to leave this to character to decide, and doing so might even impact their RPR.

This rule was never totally clear, and even then, people who RPed not remembering, absolutely adjusted their behaviour as if they did - it was very hard not to in some cases.

Rejected.