Low reward options

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

CptJonas

Low reward options

Post by CptJonas » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:35 pm

We all know there there is quite desparity of options in small and medium rewards...

I am opinion that races are cool...but...and its big but...what About different options...

Maybe something interesting...unique...

Small reward - ability to pick one small gift as bonus one...

Medium reward - custom item...and with that...I dont mean something thats super mechanicali OP or hard to implement...se dont want to add more work to our DMs...

More like...swap...for example... Plate armor that looks like cloth...
Or magic staff that look like scimitar...
Etc...just something with what we can customized our look...

It suck when you play AA but you hate look of bow...or when your Necromancer want to wield scythe...
Or your rogue want that plate arm to complete his mercenary look...

Would it be bad idea or hard to implement?

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Low reward options

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:58 am

Firstly I agree we sorely need more medium and minor awards.

But the examples you give I'm unsure of. Don't get me wrong, I'm definatly in favour of more custom armour designs, and even loosening the guidelines on what counts as looking like one sort of armour or other. But a bow that looks like a scimitar? Or a scythe that looks like a long sword? That just flies a bit in the fast of What You See Is What You Get. Not so fond of that idea, honestly.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)