RDD and PM duality

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

CptJonas

RDD and PM duality

Post by CptJonas » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:54 pm

I think that both classes are hard stuck in one role from build perspective (mage/melee) and from RP point of wiew it doesnt make much sense...

RDD - its basicly slow transformation into half dragon...and arent dragons magical creatures...even part of sorcerers have magic thx to dragon ancestry...

PM - Person transformed into half undead thro magical ritual/experiment. Why that person must be mage itself...why cant someone do that to him?

I sugest to create paths or subclasses to both..

One for mages and one for melee...

PM - mage : as it is now...
PM - melle : base PM as it was before arelith changed, but which lose acces to Epic spells, dont need 3 mage classes prereq, and gets 3/4 BAB

RDD - melee : as it is now..but drop that 3 mage class prereq..
RDD - mage: could be as it is now, but with added caster level or maybe as PM full caster to Evo? And half to others? And maybe give him some bonuses at Epic levels..like free auto still/silent? And/or EDK for free?

Those classes are super similar so grouped them together...what do you think?

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: RDD and PM duality

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:05 am

Paths/Subclasses are major projects, and I don't want to commit team members to this right now. It would take a long time and a brief look at the 'Approved Suggestions' shows we already have much to work on.

Rejected.