"Defend the Territory" writs

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rowlind Salem

"Defend the Territory" writs

Post by Rowlind Salem » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:28 pm

I would love to see a writ where I go to place and a conversation with an npc triggers an event where my party and I would have to resist several waves of enemies.

For gloom you could push back either the lizards or the blood moons for example. Maybe an epic level writ where you have to defend the shadow realm side of it too?

Defend the bramble wood from the forces of the goblinoid fortress? Hold back the lizards from raiding the crows nest or the half breed camp?

Something like this would be very good for getting people to group up and honestly would just be a lot of fun.

Also it would make folk like the blood moon/morghun/malarites/whatever feel like they're actually a force in the region.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: "Defend the Territory" writs

Post by Irongron » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 pm

I really do love this idea, and think it could a be a great deal of fun.

However, it just isn't really possible. These areas haven't been designed for attacks, and it would require some full overhauls. I did this with the Battlefield, and it was fun, but to make it a writ type would just require a great deal of scripting and world adjustments.

Rejected (sadly)