Claddath's Downfall

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Red_Wharf

Claddath's Downfall

Post by Red_Wharf » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:08 pm

As far as I am aware, Andunor is supposed to be more Skull Port and less Menzoberranzan/Udos Dro'xun, but when two of the three city districts are ruled by NPC Drow Houses, it's not as easy to pass that idea on.

My idea is removing House Claddath from the Sharps (maybe with a DM event or something) and putting in its place a different NPC faction. Here is why I think this is good:

- The Sharps has a long history with monster characters. Make this new Sharps NPC faction one with monster guards around the district, but not just monsters, humans and other races too. It would be specially good too if a Human Outcast NPC ruled this faction inside the old Claddath Tower. Putting a human NPC in power like that would help defeating the wrong notion that humans have no place in Andunor.

- More variety. One of my favorite things about Andunor is the large amount of weird and difference races all mixed together in one big melting pot, this suggestion would empower this characteristic by giving more power and representation to non-Drow.

- Less Drow influence in the city. Again, if Andunor is supposed to be more Skull Port and less Menzo/Udos, then the Drow should have less power over it. Freth remains with the Devil's Table, where Drow RP has always thrived. It helps balancing things out and passing along the message.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Claddath's Downfall

Post by Irongron » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:06 am

The districts are really not intended to be moster vs drow, and Claddath and Freth are strongly established as chaotic and lawful rivals, and very much part of the existing city lore.

Rejected.