Anti-Mage Warrior (3.5e Class)

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Scylon

Anti-Mage Warrior (3.5e Class)

Post by Scylon » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:57 am

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Anti-Mage ... .5e_Class)

There has always been people concerned about the power of magic classes on the server vs Mundane. The class listed above I think could be adapted to work well on the server. A hard, anti magic based fighter. I think the spell immunity needs to be toned down, restricted to "most" levels being Anti mage. Also, this class should be unable to use any magic of any type out side of equipment. Potions are questionable as well.

The class would need some ability to "strip" magic and banish on hit to complete the class (high level epic only).

That said the class in an unbuffed fight shouldn't be able to defeat a regular fighter class. I think it would see under a fighter, paladin, barbarian etc, but above something like a cleric. The idea being when fighting something like fighter, it will have more utility to defeat it, but a cleric or wizard would get striped of magic.

garrbear758

Re: Anti-Mage Warrior (3.5e Class)

Post by garrbear758 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:09 am

Denied as this would be a nightmare to balance.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted