Make Quarters More Breakable and Storage Chests Unbreakable

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Nevrus
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Make Quarters More Breakable and Storage Chests Unbreakable

Post by Nevrus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:40 pm

In reference to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=13&p=243037#p243037

Add unbreakable or DC 127 locks to all quarter-based storage chests free of charge.

Reduce the max DC of quarter locks to a more feasible number that a dedicated lockpicker could reach without being cheesy, such as 100.

This allows for snooping/spying/burglary/interactive break-ins without enabling the "Everyone's stuff is my stuff" gameplay that people are mostly afraid of.

We don't lose much value from losing the threat of theft of stored property and we gain value from snooping being more doable.

Additional considerations for being able to identify a break-in has occurred and determine information about them from searching might be prudent if this is done, to make the system more likely to be a back-and-forth instead of a one-sided affair.

Possibly also add a 24 hr cooldown to quarter-breaking enforced in the break-in script itself so no one character can go on a spree in no time flat.

If the trap also needs to be disarmed, also reduce that max DC appropriately.
Ganus- Riding the Isle (Active)
Aura Bigstep - Got Out Ahead (Retired)
Egos Ironhide - Shelved
Consult a medical professional before believing anything Nevrus says.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Make Quarters More Breakable and Storage Chests Unbreakable

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:14 pm

Already approved.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)