Return Ships to Port - NPC Dialog/Cost

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Germain

Return Ships to Port - NPC Dialog/Cost

Post by Germain » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:39 pm

With the addition of the new ship system (which so far I'm really liking!), I thought that perhaps this suggestion may hold some merit now.

I would propose the creation of a NPC that allows you to PAY to have a ship brought back to Port safely. I imagine this could be an Umberlant priestess at the Crow's Nest (but could be various NPC types), that will grant 'mercy' upon a ship and initiate a trigger for a ship to return back to it's port of origin.

This would allow rentable ships to see more common use, in case they are left adrift at sea... and for those owners/users of 'owned ships' the ability to get their ship back after a failed outing on some far off island/atoll.

Thank you for the consideration!
Current Character: Umrae Freth

Previous: Edala Helder, Maethe N'Shee, Elerra Hyluan

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Return Ships to Port - NPC Dialog/Cost

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:33 pm

ActionReplay has already said that when a rented ships timer runs out it moves back to port automatically.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)