Torso Models

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Red_Wharf

Torso Models

Post by Red_Wharf » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:18 am

New robe models were added with Haks, and since they allow a character to disguise a leather armor piece or a cloth tunic as a full plate armor set or as something just as different (despite this being a thing, I'm yet to see someone using this in a non-tasteful way like described on my example), could we have all armor torso models unlocked for all armor types? I mean, might as well. More customization options are fun, and some armor pieces have a tiny selection of torso models.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Torso Models

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:19 pm

From Anatida.
This suggestion as stated has to be rejected because of the way NWN handles torso models. These models are tied to the base AC of the item and this is not something we can 'unlock.'

That being said, expanding torso models for all armor types is on the To Do list.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)