Adding a self hurt command

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Sombricimos

Adding a self hurt command

Post by Sombricimos » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:09 pm

Hello,

In today's suggestion, I would like to suggest a command to hurt the character.
A monk walking bare foot in the snow could use this to mimic frostbite, occult rituals with self-mutilation, the famous trip over a tree root... Overall, this would add more RP possibilities, with consequences.

The way I see this command is a simple -hurt_self X, X being the amount of damage, >0, to receive, that could even cause the character to die.

Either this or a fixed amount, like 1/5 of the max hp... Anyway, I'll leave this to the team if this suggestion is approved.

Cheers.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Adding a self hurt command

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:39 pm

Seems fairly limited in scope and we don't want too many -commands, also thematicaly has the ability to get... really dark. Moving to denied.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)