Elf Killscript For Andunor or Some Anti-Elf Deterrent

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Elf Killscript For Andunor or Some Anti-Elf Deterrent

Post by Durvayas » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:32 am

Lets face it. As open to surfacers Andunor is supposed to be, elves should have nothing to expect from the city but death. Half of the city population is drow, and a good or even neutral elf has as much business being in Andunor as a drow does in Myon.

You expect drow to act like drow, and that means being aggressive towards elves. But at the same time the result of that will be mid level characters engaging epic level surface elves being where they should not be in PvP, because what is the other option? Scoff and let them be, in a drow city? All that can result from that is an OOC feeling of powerlessness and frustration for people playing drow, and a reinforcement of the resentment towards the surface in terms of protections (specifically referring to the killscripts here) in the UD player community. Worse is the occasional instance where the interloper may be a black archer(elf followers of severash), which means they're only there specifically to PvP lowbies(which can be considered a breach of the be-nice rule, like if I trolled the cordor iron mine or myon with a lvl 30 drow). Udos had this problem for months before the remodel.

We've already bent our RP to allow surfacers on the whole into the city and not killing them. It has worked out pretty well I'd say. Not a day goes by where I do not see several surfacers roaming the hub, and thats good. Trade has flourished, life is good. But you cannot expect us to play drow and honestly expect us to let elves walk through our city, much less our very own district, unmolested.

But we keep on seeing elves in the Devil's table district, often trying to break into houses. Every time it results in everything grinding to a halt as the cry goes up. "Grab your torch and pitchfork!" and people muster for an effort to remove the interloper, the invader, the one that should not be there. Most of the time it results in the elf lensing out, or simply managing to escape while the lowbie that spotten them went for reinforcements. This is unnescessary, and frankly it adds nothing to RP at all, because after we've canvassed the neighborhood, we all go back to what we were doing. We all know we have 0% chance of finding that elf once its gone. It is a waste of effort to even try, and frustrating to boot.

Which brings me to my point. Why are elves even allowed to go to Andunor? On your website, you mention that "Cordor Is Mordor" for drow. And its true. We die just on the approach. Should not the UD equivalent of Cordor be Mordor for our(as drow characters) surface counterpart? Canonically speaking, any elf that isn't completely insane(or evil) would stay as far as physically possible from a city of drow.

Why not give us a killscript that specifically targets the one group that has no logical reason to be there. Good and neutral elves, and nip all of these problems in the bud. Humans, hin, dwarves, gnomes and even half-orcs will still be able to enter and interact in andunor all they like and we can all have a good time that makes sense with no hurt feelings on either side.

Failing a killscript, how about some super high level guards with perpetual true seeing? Like Cordor elite guards, but for the drow district.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)