Allow Remake to Transfer Items Using This System

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

MojoJoe

Allow Remake to Transfer Items Using This System

Post by MojoJoe » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:14 pm

I thought it would be a good idea to perhaps implement a way to allow Remade characters to not feel completely naked. This would involve opening up a 'bag' that becomes available where you can put items you want to transfer onto the remake with it, this way you're not starting from scratch and keep things that might be meaningful. The standard bag size I believe is 7x5, gives you room to put equipment in it as well as other things. (you can also fill the transfer bag with chaff to minimize the amount of things people can transfer to the new character.

Items saved into that bag go to the new remake through the gift menu. The remake will have checks in it to make sure the remade character is the same race/subrace. When you select the gift on the new character, everything in that bag will be transferred to the remake character.

Could possibly make it a normal gift given the effort it takes to implement this rather than just something free people could possibly abuse for free. Make it a greater and people can have the remake be the same level it was when you remade it.

Some people grow pretty attached to their things and I figured this was a way to allow people to keep a few meaningful things they got over time.

Thank you for entertaining this!

MojoJoe!

MalKalz
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Allow Remake to Transfer Items Using This System

Post by MalKalz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:28 pm

Rejected.

Character remakes should come at a cost of all gold, property, portals and inventory. There are methods for small remediation to salvage builds such as -setstat and -relevel. However, if you are intending a larger swap, the -remake_character option is the right method and needs to come with a fresh start.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.