A simple reminder to the playerbase.

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.
BroodMango

A simple reminder to the playerbase.

Post by BroodMango » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:34 am

With the influx of new players I have been noticing more and more behaviours and tendencies that slowly but surely bring decline to the quality of roleplay on the server.

- Some players notoriously litter wherever they go, despite garbage barrels being right beside them. And was it an IC RP behavior, I'd be happy -- yay, flavor! But it is most certainly not in any of the cases...

- Fixtures are being messed up, moved and/or stolen, and not fixed properly, making areas a mess.

- Some players seem to think that whispering numbers while operating the menus is 'optional' and just a 'suggestion' and end up consistently spamming the chat window with them.

- People stop caring how they type more and more, not applying punctuation or capitalizing letters. In extreme cases even using slang or replacing words with single letters.

- OOC is being brought up in public chat often nowadays. It is usually marked with brackets or ''OOC:" tag, but I don't think everyone realizes that it should be avoided if possible.

When I first started on Arelith I was amazed at the quality of conduct and RP that people carried. I imagine it was because it was mainly populated by older and experienced players/roleplayers back then. Now, with the surge of new blood, that seems to be changing for the worse on the daily.

Perhaps it could be remedied and nipped in the bud with a simple announcement on the Discord, reminding people how to conduct themselves?
If not, then perhaps increased policing on the server? (I'd be happy to assist with that!)

DM Spark

Re: A simple reminder to the playerbase.

Post by DM Spark » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:30 am

BroodMango wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:34 am
  • Some players notoriously litter wherever they go, despite garbage barrels being right beside them. And was it an IC RP behavior, I'd be happy -- yay, flavor! But it is most certainly not in any of the cases...

Dropping items on the ground isn't a rule break. If you're seeing OOC behaviour, you can report it in a PM to the Active DM team.

- Fixtures are being messed up, moved and/or stolen, and not fixed properly, making areas a mess.

If you're seeing fixtures being stolen repeatedly you can report this via PM to the Active DM team.

- Some players seem to think that whispering numbers while operating the menus is 'optional' and just a 'suggestion' and end up consistently spamming the chat window with them.

• People stop caring how they type more and more, not applying punctuation or capitalizing letters. In extreme cases even using slang or replacing words with single letters.

In the case of the numbers - there's no rules to say people can't speak the numbers out loud, for instance when setting prices on a shop. We can't police people's typing behaviour if they don't apply puncuation or capitalize letters, but this may be considered to be an RPR issue.

- OOC is being brought up in public chat often nowadays. It is usually marked with brackets or ''OOC:" tag, but I don't think everyone realizes that it should be avoided if possible.

OOC shouldn't be used in talk at all. If you're seeing this, report it to Active DMs on the forum via PM.

MalKalz
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: A simple reminder to the playerbase.

Post by MalKalz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:25 pm

Reminders will be brought up as required. Please report concerns so that DMs can provide appropriate coaching / address them.

Thank you.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.