Make Acid Bomb not harm neutral NPCs / Add Bolos

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Choofed

Make Acid Bomb not harm neutral NPCs / Add Bolos

Post by Choofed » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:35 am

Long story short, Acid bombs are a key tool for slowing people down and utalised by many.

Unfortunately, they harm neutral NPCs. More often than not, this has resulted in NPCs being killed or dragged into battles between players. There are slim few mobility denial options for mundanes, and this one causes a lot of issues simply because of NPCs getting thrown in the mix.

Very simply put, it shouldn't apply acid damage to non-hostile NPCs.

Alternatively, give us a usable item made by a tailor that's a ranged touch attack that simply gives someone a -50% move speed for 3 seconds. A bolo - a catch up device.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Make Acid Bomb not harm neutral NPCs / Add Bolos

Post by Sincra » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:26 pm

It's an Acid "Bomb", bomb being the bit that matters most I think here, generally speaking they're indiscriminate by nature.

As for the Bolo, I can see a few balance implications with this, such as a group of 3 or 4 throwing them in rotation or repeatedly so others of the same number can catch up easily.
Which while this sounds fine on paper it is stopping escape via a mundane means without a save, which is where the problems come from.

Edit:
Upon reviewing the discussions around this I am putting my vote against the idea, in favour of denial.
If anything it hilighted how odd it is that the acid bombs DON'T have a save rather than a need to add a new and more powerful change or alternative.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Make Acid Bomb not harm neutral NPCs / Add Bolos

Post by MalKalz » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:01 pm

Rejected.

This sounds like one of those devices that should not be party / neutral friendly and should have consequences for their use in particular spaces.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.