Gift of Wealth needs an upgrade.

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

-Heavyline-

Gift of Wealth needs an upgrade.

Post by -Heavyline- » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:15 am

I noticed it's alot more easier to gain money now in Arelith than ever before with Writ system... and chests are not always trapped/locked so even non-rogues who solo dungeons can easily pick the nice loot from there and sell it for npc merchants or in player shops for decent amount of coin. 1000 gold is alot in early levels (3-4), but once you get to level 15 for example... 1000 gold is just few pennies.

Gift of Wealth is a major gift. Along with ability boosting gifts like "gift of might", "gift of grace" etc. that are very meaningful from level 3 to level 30. The only difference with "gift of wealth" is that it's +0.5 instead of +1 ECL, but other than that.. It's useless. You get 1000 coins to your bank every 3 days. That's it? An active player can get 5000 coins or more in less than 2 hours of gameplay.

Couple of suggestions how to upgrade "Gift of Wealth".

Increase the ECL to +1 instead of +0.5 and the gold you gain for gift of wealth is based on your level. Level 1=1000, level 2=2000, level 15=15000 ...etc.

or...

Simply upgrade the 1000 gold gain to 5,000 or even 10,000.

or...

Make "Gift of Wealth" a minor gift, no changes for ECL or money you gain.

Been wanting to suggest this for a while. When I made a new character here after 5 years hiatus... I took a gift of wealth based on my old experiences in Arelith 5 years ago when getting money and EXP was alot slower. After playing for a week with a character who had "gift of wealth"... the RP potential wasn't there. So.. I made another character just because gift of wealth wasn't really worth it.

There's alot good potential with Gift of Wealth, but right now.. It seems little outdated.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Gift of Wealth needs an upgrade.

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 am

I addressed this gift in an earlier suggestion, but I think this one is more worthwhile.

Approved.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Gift of Wealth needs an upgrade.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:56 pm

Gift of Wealth now gives 5000 gp per month. Considering this completed.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)