(Purple Dragon) Knight + Proficiencies

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

the grim yeeter

(Purple Dragon) Knight + Proficiencies

Post by the grim yeeter » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Currently, (PD)Ks don't get any additional proficiencies. This is strange. They're a full BAB class, and the wiki gives the class the following description:
The Knight is a paragon of martial discipline. Inspiring those around her and using her superior knowledge of tactics and strategy, she masters the battlefield.
Some classes, like rogues or bards, are definitely suited to take PD(K) as a second class. Such builds, despite evidently being warriors, would be limited to simple weapons. I therefore suggest that they, at least, get Weapon Proficiency (Martial) and Shield Proficiency upon their first (PD)K level. I would also say that giving them all Armor Proficiency feats, or at least the Light and Medium ones, would not hurt at all; in fact, it would suit them.

Thanks for the consideration.
Sockss wrote: There is an overriding premise that all changes should be appreciated and welcomed because someone has taken time out for free to make them. [...] I don't believe volunteering should put your work above criticism [...] .

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: (Purple Dragon) Knight + Proficiencies

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:51 pm

I recall approving this already, but can do so again...

Approved.

Irongron

Re: (Purple Dragon) Knight + Proficiencies

Post by Irongron » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Completed