Replace Tongue of Sun and Moon

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Kshatriya

Replace Tongue of Sun and Moon

Post by Kshatriya » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:59 pm

If there's going to be no change to grant monks full understanding as part of ToSaM as before, can we get a replacement? Currently the class feature is completely redundant with taking any lore for these purposes or any others. I personally suggest looking into some other fun RP/mechanical cookies. I had seen suggested and thus thought to suggest myself that maybe monks get a scaling reduction to food/water ticks. It could be representative of their commitment to an ascetic lifestyle. Alternatively have it as a flat reduction that's acquired at some level. Either way I do think they either need to have the feature tweaked or replaced!
Good medicine is bitter in the mouth but good for the disease; faithful words offend the ear but are good for the conduct.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Replace Tongue of Sun and Moon

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:35 pm

This may have been tweaked already, I certainly recall the subject coming up in development chat.

If not, approved.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Replace Tongue of Sun and Moon

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon May 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Tongue of Sun and moon has been changed and monks have some new langauge bonuses, so I'm putting this under completed for now.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)