Contagion and Poison Spells

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

fading

Contagion and Poison Spells

Post by fading » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:10 am

I'm uncertain if this is in the works or not, but Contagion and Poison, the spells, are virtually useless because the DC doesn't scale with caster levels. The spells in themselves aren't amazing, but they are thematically rich for certain characters (worshippers of Yurtrus, Talona, Zuggtmoy, so on). I guess I simply suggest that the DC scales with CL, which would make them usable.

I guess higher DCs for disease would also be nice, as well as curing it, because right now, Remove Disease isn't really all that useful. You can just use a healing kit, regardless of skill, and you'll most likely cure the disease on your first try.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Contagion and Poison Spells

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:24 am

Agreed and approved.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Contagion and Poison Spells

Post by ActionReplay » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:29 pm

fading wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:10 am
I'm uncertain if this is in the works or not, but Contagion and Poison, the spells, are virtually useless because the DC doesn't scale with caster levels. The spells in themselves aren't amazing, but they are thematically rich for certain characters (worshippers of Yurtrus, Talona, Zuggtmoy, so on). I guess I simply suggest that the DC scales with CL, which would make them usable.

I guess higher DCs for disease would also be nice, as well as curing it, because right now, Remove Disease isn't really all that useful. You can just use a healing kit, regardless of skill, and you'll most likely cure the disease on your first try.
Ill see if I can hook the poison spell into our system which should allow us to adjust the DC. Diseases not so much sadly.

Though we can add new scalable diseases to the .2da now with Haks we can use for scaling.