Need help with my Barbarian Build

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.
Regis

Need help with my Barbarian Build

Post by Regis » Sun May 27, 2018 9:48 am

Hey All,

I've been playing for a while and came to love the Tribesmen Barbarian. Now I would like to ask for help on how to complete this build, since I see many walking around.

At the moment I'm level 10 Duegar and have the following stats and feats;

Base stats
Str 20
Dex 14
Con 20
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 6

Feats:
Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Exotic Weapon Proficiency

I've heard that the level progress should be 24 Barbarian, 3 Fighter and 3 Bard. Now I would like to know what is the best way forward and which feats I should take. As for equipment, should I go for the two-bladed sword or Double Axe?

Cheers,

Bob

Jagel

Re: Need help with my Barbarian Build

Post by Jagel » Sun May 27, 2018 12:12 pm

That 10 con might make frontlining a bit hard as you progress. Hide behind your tribesmen bodyguards ;). And you are missing con bonus to dmg

I would not take double weapons as your dex is 14 and you do not have two weapon feats yet. How about weapon focus dwarven war-axe?

It can be wielded one and two handed.

Do you have skills saved up for umd + tumble? That’s the main point of the bard levels.

Regis

Post by Regis » Sun May 27, 2018 12:32 pm

Heya!

Thanks for the feedback, my con is 20 though ;)

I'm going to spend my level 12 ability in dex for Ambidex. Tbh I only lose +2 to hit and get an extra attack, so the trade off isn't that bad.

If I were to pick a double weapon, which is better; swords or axes?

From here on I can start saving the skill points and keep investing in Discipline.

Cheers,

Bob

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Sun May 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Right, I misread -.-

If you're bent on going for double weapon I'd say double axe for th x3 crit modifier.

Just one last point about weapons: you'll be stuck with masterly damask as your best weapon if going for double axe as the orcish variants have 50 umd req. Going waraxe will give you access to the dwarven rune axe
http://wiki.arelith.com/Special_weapons ... _Waraxe.29

Masterly damask may be the better of the two anyways, but with double weapons you won't be able to get shield+weapon

Two weapon fighting is best if you get all three feats: ambidex, two weapon fighting and imp. two weap.