Cleric of Loviatar / whip weapon focus

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.
Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Cleric of Loviatar / whip weapon focus

Post by Edens_Fall » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Hello. Looking at doing a cleric of loviatar with primary weapon whip. Evo and Conj or Necro focus. Anyway, other then base builds was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to go about this build?

Thanks!

ChrisY

Re: Cleric of Loviatar / whip weapon focus

Post by ChrisY » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:31 pm

Hi there! I had a Lovi cleric many years ago. I can share my experiences, but that was before all the new changes, so I may not be able to give accurate advise.
She was a cleric/BG, which I believe many would say is not the most optimised build because of long buff times and a little MAD. But I don't really know how to hmm.. powerbuild. I have a concept that I want to try, and TRY (note the capital haha) to optimise it as best as I can.
Yes, true to the lore, she used a whip. I used a plain, mundane whip and buffed with GMW and divine favour (sometimes extended). While the base damage is very little, you will see a nice fixed static damage.
As I said, it was before all the current changes, so summons from both cleric and BG were the original type, so I can't comment on which spell focus to look at. Sorry about that!