Human or Dwarf Cleric build request

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

MarkusVonRinehart

Human or Dwarf Cleric build request

Post by MarkusVonRinehart » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:28 am

Hello,

I am fairly new to Arelith and I just smashed that recommend button in the SP modules etc, from what I've been reading on the forums regarding feat changes etc it makes my head spin.

So I was wondering if anyone has a cleric build for a dwarf or human surface character to be able to solo most stuff and be of aid for a group. Alongside a deity that can help in most situations.

Recommended spells to take and when to spend skill points per level would also be appreciated.

AstralUniverse

Re: Human or Dwarf Cleric build request

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:30 pm

Did you get any help yet? Arelith 3.0 discord server has some builder savvy and lore savvy folks. Also, I could post a generic Arelithian cleric build here.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Wuthering

Post by Wuthering » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:09 pm

Best options for a melee cleric right now are probably 27/3 cleric/bard wearing armor or a "healer path" cleric/monk or cleric/ranger/monk but you have to be lawful and your weapon choice is limited (and that's a bit of a more advanced option, though not that difficult to build and someone will surely help.)

If you want the 27/3 cleric/bard look at the "drow cleric" thread that just happened and it should be easy to adapt. Dwarves will likely want to use the dwarven war axe which they get free proficiency in but explaining how that works is a whole 'nother paragraph.

If you want to be a caster who doesn't melee healer path is 100% the way to go. You can go pure 30 cleric and get an awesome ability at level 28 though solo can be tricky, you can a few levels in monk, cleric or ranger.. There's actually a lot of options there too..

Whatever you choose narrow it down and you'll get advice.

time_limited

Post by time_limited » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:55 am

Hi Markus,

I'm playing a straight on (no healer) Duergar Cleric 30 no additional classes.

I enjoy a heavy armor look on my cleric, the character works great in both Solo, team or support roles even if it's a straight on non complicated Cleric 30. I can melee reasonably well, cast sensibly strong spells, summon improved summons and have loads of spells to choose from.

I am quite a newbie in NWN as myself so I wanted something simple to play with and to simply focus on RP instead of mechanics (was a pnp player for some time).

As per my husband advices I took the following on my cleric (Duergar, dwarf may be lacking some stats):
Str 18
Dex 8
Con 16
WI 17 (24 at lvl 30)
Int 14
CH 4

Domains: Air, Travel

Notable feats:
Craft Wand, Esf: Transmute/Conjur/Evo, Epic Dragon Knight, Hellball, Empower spell, Silent spell.

Skills:
Concentration 33, Craft Mastery 14, Lore 33, Heal 19, Spellcraft 33.
Heal is really useful at start, then I switched to craft mastery to add points.

Notable core Spells in Use:
Slow, Haste, Vestments, "Zoo spells", spell resist, Blade Barrier, Chain Lightning, Divine favor, divine power, Hammer, Storm of Vengeance, Call lightning, Harm, Heal, Greater Sanct, Greater Restoration, Mass Heal.

I set my spells depending on the role I will be doing - I have a different set of spells prepared for each of the 5 saved spell books. So Solo, Party support, Party Healer, pvp.. Etc.. - I suggest you get yourself familiar with that feature it's really helpful on a Cleric.
(right click on your character and in the circular menu choose crafting menu then spellbook)

Every place I went through in the game either solo or in party I felt my character is a valuable asset I rarely have to retreat only on specific bosses, but for those we go with our Clan assault team and so far didn't see an enemy we cannot take down in the game.

Buffed fire Elemental is a beast in solo, Greater Ruin is disappointing, EDK is absolutely sweet and useful.

I use a Mace in combat (for the sweet look) and simply buff up with Divine Favor for damage, I use divine power on harder to hit enemies but rarely needed so far.

Happy Clericing!
And don't forget to preach about your god
Plays as:
Brega Dwarf-Smasher (active)
Longinus Dwarf-Smasher