(Solved)Blade Thirst and Masterly Damask

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

PenguinNinja

(Solved)Blade Thirst and Masterly Damask

Post by PenguinNinja » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:52 am

Does Blade Thirst damage stack with the damage from masterly damask? And if not, would greensteel be better?
Last edited by PenguinNinja on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_-HiM-_
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Blade Thirst and Masterly Damask

Post by _-HiM-_ » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:46 am

With a mdmask you get +3 ab and 6 dmg, depending on your blade thirst level if it's +3 blade thirst there would no ab increase or dmg increase. +5 blade thirst you would get in additional +2 ab on a mdmask or Greensted, no dmg increase on the mdmask.

Take the green steel as you get +2ab and +5 dmg with keen👍 or enchant your own weapon, keen 1d4, 1d4 dmg (can't remember the essence rules if you can also apply one after this)

PenguinNinja

Post by PenguinNinja » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:12 am

I believe it's possible, I don't remember exactly. But thanks! Should help a lot.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:11 am

Sorry if this question seems silly but what about weapons with damage bous of 1D-something. like shou staff or enchanted spear? How does blade thirst interact with such weapons?
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:52 am

I’d wager that blade thirst replaces any ab, dmg or enchantment bonus on the weapon, except bonus damage that is not the base weapons’ damage.

So a slashing weapon that has +2 piercing dmg would also have the +2 bludg. dmg when blade thirst is cast on it.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:20 am

For blade thirst and bless weapon, the damage applied is whatever the weapon base is. This damage will stack with damage from other sources such as the Giant Femur Spear has bludgeoning damage and will stack with the piercing damage applied by blade thirst. It will not stack with damage of the same type, so in the case of the enchanted spear the engine recognizes 1d12 > 4 and will only take the 1d12 piercing.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:30 pm

so it's smart enough to tell the average. Gotcha. thanks.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too