Blinding speed Or Epic Prowess

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Biolab00
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Blinding speed Or Epic Prowess

Post by Biolab00 » Sat May 30, 2020 3:39 am

My current Monk build should have my AB likely to be cap at 45 or 46 if i were to take Epic Prowess.

However, i am thinking if i should give up this feat for Blinding speed instead because i sometimes feel that haste potion of 10rounds seems insufficient for certain lengthy fight because it's not wise to drink potion of haste when you're in the midst of battle ( and certain monster run as fast as my monk for me to disengage and drink the haste potion as well )

Actually, i have 7 Epic Feat available which i intend to take
Epic Dodge,
Armor Skin,
Epic Weapon Focus,
Epic Eeapon Specialization,
Ki Strike +1
Ki Strike +2
Epic Prowess or Blinding Speed

Or should i forsake other feat instead?

AstralUniverse

Re: Blinding speed Or Epic Prowess

Post by AstralUniverse » Sat May 30, 2020 1:24 pm

After LONG brainstorming about this with several other builders, I go for Blinding speed in that situation. (Ended up not taking either on my -relevel previously wisdom monk but yeah..).

There's no right answer here. Its just 1 ab. its not a huge deal. But blinding speed is nothing more than QoL so it's not a huge deal either. I just love blinding speed on characters who play around stealth. While monks dont have sneak attack and they dont relay on stealth, they still stealth a lot and hasting without breaking stealth, to me is worth the -1 ab.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

dallion43

Post by dallion43 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:47 pm

Blinding speed is instant action extraordinary effect(non dispelable), lasting 3 turns, making it way better than +1 in any PvP and some of the harder PvE.
You can't always trust to have mass haster around and you don't want to spend time drinking 10 rounds duration pot in PvP if you are dex based and can help it.

Not to mention the money you save on pots :).

Debatable Imho, of course.

Wuthering

Post by Wuthering » Sun May 31, 2020 12:20 am

Blinding speed will save your life and makes the character much more fun to play. Always having 3 turns of haste on hand without worrying about potions is huge. It's not just movement speed, it's the dodge bonus and extra attack too.

I'd say it is mandatory and put the choice between epic prowess and armor skin myself.

Biolab00

Post by Biolab00 » Sun May 31, 2020 4:25 am

I think i get the idea now.
Thank you for the contribution :D