Cookie Cuter Weapon Master Build

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

ratoa

Cookie Cuter Weapon Master Build

Post by ratoa » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:06 pm

Even though I had done several WM in the past , I like to know if the cookie cutter WM build still relevant!

I’m rebuilding an old dwarf EX Kensai that is currently on level 20 and the cookie cutter build have things that I had never done before like disarm <—— took it and STR as a feat.

Reached a point where the only choice I had at level 19 was Disarm or Power Attack !
Everything before that I had done with other WMs and it’s like that on the cookie cutter guide

NPC Logger Number 2

Re: Cookie Cuter Weapon Master Build

Post by NPC Logger Number 2 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:47 pm

I played a cookie cutter WM before and while the build was pretty good back then I do not think it is that viable in the current meta. Due to the Lore/UMD changes Rogue dip is no longer mandatory so you are probably better off dipping Paladin for Fear Immunity and higher saves. A couple of other good builds are Paladin/CoT/WM and Barbarian/WM. If you're playing a dwarf there are probably some better dwarven defender options available too. You could also just drop the dip entirely and take more fighter levels to turn +4 racial weapons into a +5 that will penetrate most forms of damage reduction.
“The punishing of wits enhances their authority.”
Francis Bacon

ratoa

Post by ratoa » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:30 pm

NPC Logger Number 2 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:47 pm
I played a cookie cutter WM before and while the build was pretty good back then I do not think it is that viable in the current meta. Due to the Lore/UMD changes Rogue dip is no longer mandatory so you are probably better off dipping Paladin for Fear Immunity and higher saves. A couple of other good builds are Paladin/CoT/WM and Barbarian/WM. If you're playing a dwarf there are probably some better dwarven defender options available too. You could also just drop the dip entirely and take more fighter levels to turn +4 racial weapons into a +5 that will penetrate most forms of damage reduction.
Going all the way back it's not an option I can shave off a few levels but that's about it.
I'm not to worry about the UMD/LORE changes TBH because I rarely depended on scrolls to do my thing ! I rarely do PvP either That been said wands are nice and so I tumble.

decisions decisions :)

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:22 am

I've been seeing typical WM builds absolutely wrecking both pve and pvp as recent as a month or two ago. I'm sure it's no less relevent then it ever has been.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.