Swashbuckler and Epic Dodge

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Seven Sons of Sin

Swashbuckler and Epic Dodge

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:06 pm

Can a pure Swashbuckler get Epic Dodge? I remember reading somewhere they can satisfy requirements differently?

Additionally, what are good Dex Swash builds? A lot of discussion has them either as Swash/WMs, str-based or dex-based, but what if you wanted something... else?
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Swashbuckler and Epic Dodge

Post by Quidix » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Yes, they can, if they have 26 levels of Swashbuckler and pick pre-reqs on their bonus feat levels (23, 26)

AstralUniverse

Re: Swashbuckler and Epic Dodge

Post by AstralUniverse » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:40 pm

To get Epic dodge on Swash you need 2 epic bonus feats for improved evasion and defensive roll, epic dodge you can pick on a normal feat so 26/4 combinations can have epic dodge. 4 fighter for epic specialization and more epic feats seems like the most logical option to me. WMs cant have epic dodge without a third class to give the feats, which really makes me wonder what this talk about dex swash/wm is, as I've only heard of solid str builds for that.

The thing that bugs me about dex swashbuckler is that you have dex and con as important survivability stats and then you get int and str which are purely for damage. So if you're dex based swashbuckler and you cant gear dex, con, int AND str, why go deep on this class?

There are also shenanigans such as 12 swash 3 hex 15 pm, for absurdity of ac (78 on a human) and max apr, totally just for the discipline/tumble on the same class and bab progression. uncanny dodge on 12th swash.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too