The ultimate dungeon feedback!

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Reallylongunneededplayername

The ultimate dungeon feedback!

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:41 pm

Crypts, I love them,

Cordor crypt is THE best dungeon of Arelith hands down, Come at my bro.

-The crypt has secrets FOIG!

-Lenght is perfect, It is not to long, Not to short.

-The loot, It has the best loot. Till lvl 20, You likely get the best coin out of Cordor crypts without investing to much.

-It is so much fun!

-It is a duo dungeon. I don't like big parties, Cordor crypts is fun to walk just two of you, maybe three.

-It has history, Lore and -feeling-.

Bad things?

-The first floor "graverobbers and spiders" It is pretty bad, Luckily easily ignored and by yours truely, Done so. It's a lot of tiresome fighting to no real reward and then run back the empty halls.

Why I feed back the Cordor crypts? It is the best, And why aren't there more like that?
Let me name a few I feel are close to:

Myon crypt:

-RP holyplace. Elves threaten you for going there, Or kill you.

-Not really that obvious and known

-It could use another floor.

-First floor is RP-empty.

But!:

-It has a nice puzzle vibe setting.

-unique mobs

-fair loot at the end.

-Good boss

Missing Guldorand dungeon?

So, Near guldorand was a crypt of sorts, Basicly a graveyard with small crypts in wich you collected a bone, You combined the bones and an effect triggered and a key was made.
It was a really nice puzzle.
Then you went into a dungeon wich may been a bit less fun, Could had used a bit "finetuning" And then you fought a dragon! <3

-Good puzzle

-fun

but:

-it's gone?

-Big dungeon could had better mobs.

Vampire dungeon Guldorand.
It's a good one.. Personally, I don't feel it. (Going to be fair though)

-It's a party dungeon

-It has a fair amount of loot chests.

-Good boss.

Let me at here at last two dungeons I do love but have a "But":

The Auril-Dragon road to XP-Dungeon.

It's a grind dungeon, For eighter runic materials or for XP, You basicly run down a long road where you keep bashing down enemies till you reach a dungeon where you go into " Hold up guys" mode. Even loot wise, There are no chest till the end, You may stop a moment for somewhat nice gem deposits.

I would though, If I designed it/ Had to improve it. Place a between temple where you'd fight a mid boss aurilite high priest with loot chests.

The "let me see in my agenda if we can do kholingen this weekend".

-If you roleplay, In a party and explore this dungeon, You can easily spend 3-5 hours on Kholingen. (Good thing, Bad thing?)

-The loot is great! I just can't carry all of it. Yes, I like to pick up weapons, Kholingen pirates drop a lot of them in different types, But,
You quickly get a full inventory and you are only at the beginning of the dungeon.

-The crypt is "run through it for the sake of progress" and as a crypt lover, I find that a bit sad.

-It isn't easily reached, Wich is a good thing! But as so, It isn't easy to leave eighter.

-The midboss lich can be hard, Specially as he double spawns.

What I would do:
Make it that "weekend plan" dungeon that is nearly is. Work that crypt. Also add a smuggler that provides a boat off the island aswell buys your loot and sells..stuff? Make him reachable by the time you are midway, So, Somewhere near or attached to the open area with the graveyard. Have the end portal transport you to that smuggler.

Anyway, Thanks for reading, Know, These are my opinions and you are free to have yours. <3
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

RedGiant

Re: The ultimate dungeon feedback!

Post by RedGiant » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:59 pm

If this is where we are posting our favorites, let me put a plug in for the Goblinoid Fortress. This is one of the tightest, well-designed dungeons in the game. It has secrets on top of secrets. It feels incredibly detailed, lush, and alive (well, at least until you kill all the goblins). It also all has a quintessential DnD feel to it.

Severe dungeon MASTER kudos to whoever made it. Wouldn't change a thing.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:26 am

RedGiant wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:59 pm
If this is where we are posting our favorites, let me put a plug in for the Goblinoid Fortress. This is one of the tightest, well-designed dungeons in the game. It has secrets on top of secrets. It feels incredibly detailed, lush, and alive (well, at least until you kill all the goblins). It also all has a quintessential DnD feel to it.

Severe dungeon MASTER kudos to whoever made it. Wouldn't change a thing.
I can't figure out how to get to the lower part. plz spoil. :P

ltlukoziuz

Post by ltlukoziuz » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:29 am

Reallylongunneededplayername wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:26 am
I can't figure out how to get to the lower part. plz spoil. :P
There's a key somewhere. It may or may not be one per reset, though.

As for myself, I love the whole complex of the caves that sprawl from Cordor all the way to almost Guldorand. Finding every single hidden nook there and ways how the underground links from one lair to another is extremely gratifying.

Currently playing: Sabina Paultier

n00bdragon

Post by n00bdragon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:16 pm

S tier (grind city):
This is where I go when I want to level up and get gold
Deep Giants
Spirits under the ruins
Maur
Wharftown Boys Hideout

A tier (great dungeons; good rewards, decent challenge but low frustration, i.e. feels very fair):
These are places I will affirmatively choose to go. It's the reason for leaving town.
Stingers
Illithids
Ziggurat
Black orcs
RDI
Skull Crags Crypts
Kobold Caves
Goblin Fortress
Spriggans
Cordor Crypts
Ice Roads
Burning Shores
Grimlocks
Crystal Caves

B tier (not particularly great, but not especially bad, its flaws may be propped up with decent rewards or especially good flavor):
I will generally agree to go to any of these places but rarely choose them for myself unless I just want a change of pace or they are particularly convenient.
Boneyards
Abyss
Sibayad desert
Minmir Manor
Glorag Mur
Orc Caves/Bloodmoons
Cordor Sewers
Boogins
Gnolls
Harpies
Tribal Caverns
Bugbear Raider's Camp
Forest of Despair
Light Keep
Duergar Fortress
Bandits by the Coast
Skull Crag Spiders
Black Widow Barbarians

C tier (only if you're adventurous and curious, expect lots of frustration, excessive length, and/or few rewards):
I will generally avoid these dungeons without good reason to go there.
Derro tunnels
Slime temple
Haunted tunnels
Viper Temple
Swamps/Jungle
Aurilite Temple
Minmir Caves
Catacombs under the trader's route
Udos Droxun
Minogon Factory

F tier (not even for the adventurous or curious):
I will refuse to go here.
Derro city
Chasugana: [Xanalress]: *she takes a sip, thinking it over for a time and staring at the wall* Do you think I am honest?
Rauvlin Xun'viir: [Xanalress]: *she chuckles* Chasu, thou art an assassin, a spy, and a drow.

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:20 pm

I like Wharftown boys, But aren't you like done there in 3 levels and move on ?
To be fair since the departure of Wharftown I honestly don't go there anymore cause, Even though there are jobs for it, It's a bit "out of my way". (maybe I should visit it sometime).

If it is for xp for a few levels, Sure!
For Gold, I swear loyally to Cordor crypt if you got the strenght for it. Easily 10k plus

I mean,
WTB: 5 chests, Some generic gp and antidote loot.
Crypt: 7 chests, +1 weapons. Also the weapon rack often spawn the most awesome weapons while WTB have an armory, And I honestly never really find anything "Wow"in there.

slight_homicide

Post by slight_homicide » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:10 pm

The fact that none of yall have even mentioned Pandemonium yet is Heresy, 4 bosses, totally insane area and the final boss was an old PC, whats not amazing about that?
"Can we please have an event that doesn't start at 2 am?" -Every Australian...ever.

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Kohlingen/Island Ruins is my own personal fav. It's jam packed with a lot of history and a connection to another location that you can figure out by looking around and examining the objects around you. It's massive but it's split up into a lot of different sections each with it's own difficulty and you can do as much or as little as you want. If you take a party with you there's plenty of opportunities to rp during your adventure. I also just think the overall flavor of Kohlingen is really cool. No spoilers but there are some neat things to do and mysteries to investigate. It makes for a great grind for the teens and low 20s, a fun adventure for a party, and the loot is pretty great. Do all of it and not only can you grab a boatload of coins but gems and other crafting materials too. Several different bosses to fight of varying levels. Some say it's too long a dungeon, but I feel that there is enough variety to it that it really feels like multiple dungeons in one.
ltlukoziuz wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:29 am
As for myself, I love the whole complex of the caves that sprawl from Cordor all the way to almost Guldorand. Finding every single hidden nook there and ways how the underground links from one lair to another is extremely gratifying.
^Seconding that. Traveling across the isle underground and figuring out all the paths is tons of fun. Tons of care and time must have been put in to designing the whole sprawl of passageways.

Oh the year was 1778...

Aethan

Post by Aethan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:59 pm

I agree that cordor crypts are pretty awesomely designed. When I made a surfacer and did them, I was impressed with that place.

Goblinoids fortress also was really cool!

I haven't been to pandemonium.. but I hear it's really cool!

I really like the Maurs dungeon as well.. it's simple, but interesting.

Illithids is one of my favorites. It is really well done, with lots of cool little cookies. Totally feels like what it should. I jump at any chance to go here.

I haven't seen a lot of the other epic level things yet. A lot of the lower level stuff is really cool though.