Werewolf tester says bye bye

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

CptJonas

Werewolf tester says bye bye

Post by CptJonas » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:03 pm

Well...It was long time since I made last report...
So...this is probably last one..dont want to risk some problems with DM bcs of this...

So...as I was doing before...I was testing how werewolfs works and how to be one...
And after onother 15 hours of testing on many subjects....No infliction of that curse...so....Atleast we know its some weird stuff...

JustMonika

Re: Werewolf tester says bye bye

Post by JustMonika » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:07 pm

If this is a report for the Admins or DMs, it should be delivered to them in the form of a PM.

If this is meant to open a public discussion of Lycanthropy and it's current implimentation, then we might need a little more to go on.

Temporarily back to Arelith and currently Lilliana Snowfire.

If you have unfinished business with Ultrianan, let me know! Arabella has been rolled.

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:22 pm

JustMonika wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:07 pm
If this is a report for the Admins or DMs, it should be delivered to them in the form of a PM.

If this is meant to open a public discussion of Lycanthropy and it's current implimentation, then we might need a little more to go on.
Well...I was just testing how easy/hard is to get werewolf curse if I wanted to ever start character with build around it...
And from my experience its posibly bugged, or more likely so random or hard as 5% roll :D So....realy not worth a try..

Just giving up my feedback on it...

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:16 pm

CptJonas wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:22 pm
JustMonika wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:07 pm

Well...I was just testing how easy/hard is to get werewolf curse if I wanted to ever start character with build around it...
And from my experience its posibly bugged, or more likely so random or hard as 5% roll :D So....realy not worth a try..

Just giving up my feedback on it...
One of my characters got bitten yesterday, so I can confirm the script works as intended.

If you have unfinished business with Ultrianan, let me know! Arabella has been rolled.

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:52 pm

It is very very very very very rare. Probably precisely for the reason of stopping people making plans around their character being inflicted.

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:40 am

Hinty wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:52 pm
It is very very very very very rare. Probably precisely for the reason of stopping people making plans around their character being inflicted.
Yeah...my probably +-30 RL hours and around 5k healing kits agree with ya...

Which quite sucks actualy....Werewolf is allready shit in terms of power...only thing which it provides is RP opurtunity....
I would love to play Malar focused group of werewolf...but....it looks like "no" from system...

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:50 am

You weren't testing as a monk or paladin were you?

Definately Not A Mimic

Post by Definately Not A Mimic » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:19 am

You weren't just standing there letting it beat on you without swinging back were you?

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:55 am

Definately Not A Mimic wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:19 am
You weren't just standing there letting it beat on you without swinging back were you?
Tested all....
Greater Werewolf, Werewolf, .....
On lvl 7, character, on lvl 13 character....
Hiting him while he hits me....
Leting him just hit me...
Killing them...
Doing all that with and without gear....
Cant think of anything other what could I try.....at first I wanted it...and later...I just wanted to test it...
And actualy...as I said...after all those hours and gold put into that....dont wana continue..
Orian_666 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:50 am
You weren't testing as a monk or paladin were you?
Nope
That test was on goblin rogue/SD..no class which have imunity
(without shadow....I am not totaly dumb :D )

Shiki

Post by Shiki » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:58 am

The script fires off of attacks and even a summon's attacks. It's like damage to gear, it can happen from any attack roll regardless of whether damage was done, even if that roll is from, say, a cleric elemental. The cleric can lose durability on their gear and can get lycanthropy when its summon is attacking a werewolf enemy.

You do not need to let a werewolf bite you for damage to get the disease.

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:22 pm

Shiki wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:58 am
The script fires off of attacks and even a summon's attacks. It's like damage to gear, it can happen from any attack roll regardless of whether damage was done, even if that roll is from, say, a cleric elemental. The cleric can lose durability on their gear and can get lycanthropy when its summon is attacking a werewolf enemy.

You do not need to let a werewolf bite you for damage to get the disease.
Correct. I caught it from my shadow getting damaged.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:06 pm

I still remember catching it with my old archer who was never close to being in danger from being hit by a werewolf. He shot down a pack of 4 and suddenly I saw the "that looks like a nasty bite" or whatever message it shows and was scratching my head heh. I figured it was just an odd glitch, but rolled with it.

a shrouded figure

Post by a shrouded figure » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:05 am

Fought one werewolf... caught it. *sighs*. Anyone able to point me a place to start to find a cure?

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:13 am

a shrouded figure wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:05 am
Fought one werewolf... caught it. *sighs*. Anyone able to point me a place to start to find a cure?
Strictly find out in game, I'm afraid.
Ask other characters! Someone will help.

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:24 am

JustMonika wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:13 am
a shrouded figure wrote:
Strictly find out in game, I'm afraid.
Ask other characters! Someone will help.
a shrouded figure wrote:
Or just google it....its common mytholo-magical knowlege :D

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:26 am

a shrouded figure wrote:
Start putting everything you see into your mouth, eventually you'll find the cure!

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:52 am

Hazard wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:26 am
a shrouded figure wrote:
Start putting everything you see into your mouth, eventually you'll find the cure!
Could be dangerous...especialy if he is Orog, Gnoll, or even Ogre....poor goblins and hin...