Dallah Thaun Removal

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Bees in Space

Dallah Thaun Removal

Post by Bees in Space » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:46 am

Let me just preface this by saying that I love the deity system overhaul and think it will open up a ton of new character concepts to be mechanically viable.

THAT SAID.

The removal of Dallah Thaun as a selectable deity irks me for a couple of reasons, one of them being that I was playing a worshiper of Dallah and am now left in kind of an awkward position. Another reason is that there are a number of fixtures on the server, both dev-placed and player-made, that make reference to Dallah Thaun--the pillar of Yondalla and Yondallan shrine in Burrowhome specifically. While she may not be canon to FR, Dallah Thaun has already been established as canon to Arelith in roleplay. Arelith canon already deviates from FR canon in a number of ways, and I don't see why this particular case was egregious enough to merit a retcon.

Nitro

Re: Dallah Thaun Removal

Post by Nitro » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:57 pm

You can keep RP'ing that you worship Dallah Thaun all you want, you just have to acknowledge OOC'ly that you're not worshipping Dallah but some other deity that is either masquerading as Dallah, or that you are worshipping an aspect of as Dallah and then select that deity in the selection to mark down what actually existing deity your character gives their praise to. Because otherwise you wouldn't be getting squat, since worshipping something that doesn't exist doesn't grant any powers or boons.

JubJub

Post by JubJub » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:43 pm

Which brings me to a post I made in another post that wasn't answered. If you worship a god that was removed do you need to change? I worship Dallah and it still shows I worship her, I am still getting piety for things. Yet she is gone. Will we need to lose xp and select another god? Or do the removed gods still grant piety and such?

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:46 pm

Sounds like you're grandfathered in, and people just won't be able to select them moving forward.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:56 pm

I would just select Yondalla as the patron in all cases for those who had Dallah.

Or you can join the fey faithful! :)
Please don't feed my sister.

Subutai
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Subutai » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:00 pm

The feythful.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:12 pm

JubJub wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:43 pm
Which brings me to a post I made in another post that wasn't answered. If you worship a god that was removed do you need to change? I worship Dallah and it still shows I worship her, I am still getting piety for things. Yet she is gone. Will we need to lose xp and select another god? Or do the removed gods still grant piety and such?
I am not entirely sure.

Either: The name stays there if you never change your deity (most likely)
OR: The name completely disappears and you can select another for free.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Bees in Space

Post by Bees in Space » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:23 pm

Yeah I still get the message that I'm serving Dallah Thaun when I open the deity menu, and I still get piety by T&D and Magic domain methods.

Edit: As of the latest reset I no longer gain piety, but my deity still shows as Dallah.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:55 pm

You can attune to someone else to gain piety and it would stay as your patron, or you can talk to the DMs to get them to help you.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Arise_Gargantua

Post by Arise_Gargantua » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Yeah the change bugs me a bit as well.

Dallah Thaun was always an aspect of Yondalla, so if she still accepted CN priests then that would be good... it seems a shame to lose her as she was one of the more interesting Halfling deities. My first character on the server was a follower.
Song of my soul, my voice is dead, die thou, unsung, as tears unshed shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa