Skills vs skill vs lvl.

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Sockss

Re: Skills vs skill vs lvl.

Post by Sockss » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Perform should remain a requirement for bard song, it requires investment at higher levels in gear and feats. That's an important balancing consideration, bards are strong enough with those requirements.

The whole 'combine hide/ms listen/spot' thing I'll always be against because they behave very differently. They have different buffs, environmental modifiers and different combat implications. Lumping them together just simplifies things and makes them more binary.
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

jastewart1988

Re: Skills vs skill vs lvl.

Post by jastewart1988 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 am

I have had characters with spot that got through most disguises first try just because I break the disguise does not mean I have to out them. I always tried to use some sense of which outcome provides more fun?

Depending on alignment you could even play along with it and when you find them without others explain you know but would keep quiet on the matter...but they owe you a favour.

Roleplay games in general are much more fun in my experience when you have some bad luck so by all means out some but so much more fun can be had for more people if you let someone who's put effort into a good disguise just have their moment.