Big Update feedback - A rogue's perspective

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Nitro

Re: Big Update feedback - A rogue's perspective

Post by Nitro » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:19 pm

kiljaedon wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:53 pm
Strange way to put it. Your fake outrage is amusing though. If anything it gives more xp if it causes greater spawns and if you think it was to steal just xp when I had very valid reasons to follow them. A level 30 following a party perhaps but the point is rogues do not need some kind of boons to let them become melee casters while other melee don't have what else rogues have. Since of the best damage in the game. Best crowd control and offensive utility from grenades.
I assure you, it's very real outrage. Few things suck as bad as watching your XP drop from 24 to 16 (Or god forbid 30 to 16 because you're doing an area above your level) because a rogue one or two levels higher decides to tag along silently for some freebie XP. And don't even think the extra 1-6 mobs per zone are even close in compensation.

Kaeldre

Post by Kaeldre » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:21 pm

I can see levelling being a real issue for rogues, especially in their early levels. Instead of trying to incorporate some kind of flexibility in scroll usage or lore increase, I would shift focus to items which summon creatures. There are already NPC merchants who sell strong summon items that everyone can use. The Oozemaster in Andunor for instance. If his present selection is inadequate you could always suggest to expand it.
To believe in an ideal is to be willing to betray it.

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:01 pm

Just one thing from me on this topic...I was totaly down after i tested that bardic lore...which specificky states it gives bonus to all lore checks...
And only instance where it would be usefull is this one...where it doesnt aply..