Epic Mummy Dust

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

NauVaseline

Re: Epic Mummy Dust

Post by NauVaseline » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:50 pm

Why not summon a Baelnorn?

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:02 pm

CNS wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:49 pm
Arguing that a because the game doesn't prevent a good aligned character from taking it they can take it is a really bad argument, last I checked this is a role play community - we're clutching at some thin straws if we're going down that path.

I picked EMD because its a good PVE epic level summon. It seems it main PVP benefit is the number of bodies it creates to throw in the way of things.

Lets put the flavor of EMD aside.

Would a better ask be more PVE focused Epic level summoning options?
Yes.

Add more epic spells.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:33 pm

NauVaseline wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:50 pm
You mean the one in a million who explicitly stay in their crypts to guard knowledge and make sure it doesn't fade from the world in a selfless sacrifice? Yeah ripping those guys out to kill orcs for you sure seems like a really good thing to do.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Nitro wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:33 pm
NauVaseline wrote:
You mean the one in a million who explicitly stay in their crypts to guard knowledge and make sure it doesn't fade from the world in a selfless sacrifice? Yeah ripping those guys out to kill orcs for you sure seems like a really good thing to do.
Come on, but that is just a step above summoning a Gold Dragon to kill goblins for you. Or summoning a Gold Dragon to fight another Gold dragon someone summoned.

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Shadowy Reality wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:01 pm
Nitro wrote:
NauVaseline wrote:
Come on, but that is just a step above summoning a Gold Dragon to kill goblins for you. Or summoning a Gold Dragon to fight another Gold dragon someone summoned.
TBH, Most will still go "all undead must die".
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

NauVaseline

Post by NauVaseline » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:13 am

Nitro wrote:
snarky retort
As someone else noted, Gold Dragons, and I will further note Celestial stream

the grim yeeter

Post by the grim yeeter » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:32 pm

NauVaseline wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:13 am
Nitro wrote:
snarky retort
Yes. Being able to summon dragons is also very ridiculous, and shouldn't be a thing either. Just like summoning a baelnorn, rofl. Not that the two are comparable by any means. They're two very different creatures, and it's even less likely for a baelnorn to be summoned than for an adult dragon to be.
Sockss wrote: There is an overriding premise that all changes should be appreciated and welcomed because someone has taken time out for free to make them. [...] I don't believe volunteering should put your work above criticism [...] .

NauVaseline

Post by NauVaseline » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:53 pm

the grim yeeter wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:32 pm
Yes. Being able to summon dragons is also very ridiculous, and shouldn't be a thing either. Just like summoning a baelnorn, rofl. Not that the two are comparable by any means. They're two very different creatures, and it's even less likely for a baelnorn to be summoned than for an adult dragon to be.
This is Arelith. suspension of disbelief was abandoned a while ago m8

Greater Ruin Rods

Anomandaris

Post by Anomandaris » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:58 pm

the grim yeeter wrote:
NauVaseline wrote:
Nitro wrote:
snarky retort
Curious about this.. why? It's pretty epic and I love seeing it happen even when on the receiving end. I really don't want to adopt a sever mentality of.. ohh they have that epic/cool/dangerous/shiny thing.. I don't like it, it kills me some times and I can't have it so let's get rid of it! Kind of the same thing on the thread with the pally signet ring. Oh they have powerful ring, NERF IT! Yah it's a little OP but good for them I'm happy they have a cool toy to play with, after all it's a game and we love our trophies and treasures etc. I never have played a pally but I'm totally fine with them having it. If/when I get smoked by paladins, it's not gonna be "because" of that ring.

Saw a similar thing with HIPS the other week. Someone's like that should be nerfed to a longer CD. Ok, well I disagree but maybe there's a legit argument there for that or (insert something else). But the reality is someone gets smoked by someone w/ HIPS or a Dragon or a Wizard using Hellball and all the sudden it's an issue. The reality is there should, and always will be 100+ ways to get pwnd if you're caught slipping by any number of people.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Jordenk wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:58 pm
the grim yeeter wrote:
NauVaseline wrote:

Curious about this.. why? It's pretty epic and I love seeing it happen even when on the receiving end. I really don't want to adopt a sever mentality of.. ohh they have that epic/cool/dangerous/shiny thing.. I don't like it, it kills me some times and I can't have it so let's get rid of it! Kind of the same thing on the thread with the pally signet ring. Oh they have powerful ring, NERF IT! Yah it's a little OP but good for them I'm happy they have a cool toy to play with, after all it's a game and we love our trophies and treasures etc. I never have played a pally but I'm totally fine with them having it. If/when I get smoked by paladins, it's not gonna be "because" of that ring.

Saw a similar thing with HIPS the other week. Someone's like that should be nerfed to a longer CD. Ok, well I disagree but maybe there's a legit argument there for that or (insert something else). But the reality is someone gets smoked by someone w/ HIPS or a Dragon or a Wizard using Hellball and all the sudden it's an issue. The reality is there should, and always will be 100+ ways to get pwnd if you're caught slipping by any number of people.
That's a very refreshing take on this. And I find myself agreeing with you. Despite being someone who absolutely abhors PvP for what's it has become, I feel like taking away options is never a good idea. Give us more options and toys to play with, not less.

That said - in regards to this thread - I agree with those who say EMD celestial version would be a bad thing as a whole for the RP health of our server. The epic necromancers, provided they make it that far, have deserved their special cookies.

the grim yeeter

Post by the grim yeeter » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:52 pm

NauVaseline wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:53 pm
the grim yeeter wrote:

Greater Ruin Rods
Yeah. Also extremely absurd.
Jordenk wrote:
the grim yeeter wrote:
NauVaseline wrote:

That's not at all the reason behind my post. I was referring to it being ridiculous lore-wise.
Sockss wrote: There is an overriding premise that all changes should be appreciated and welcomed because someone has taken time out for free to make them. [...] I don't believe volunteering should put your work above criticism [...] .

Anomandaris

Post by Anomandaris » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:15 pm

the grim yeeter wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:52 pm
NauVaseline wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:53 pm
the grim yeeter wrote:

Greater Ruin Rods
Yeah. Also extremely absurd.
Jordenk wrote:
the grim yeeter wrote:

That's not at all the reason behind my post. I was referring to it being ridiculous lore-wise.
Ahh ok, sorry didn't mean to mis-characterize what you were trying to say :D