Crafted Naginata and Barbarian Rage

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Algol

Crafted Naginata and Barbarian Rage

Post by Algol » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:26 am

Hello!

Naginata crated by forging have added piercing damage as bonus. Although this bonus makes them very potent targets for baldethirst, bless weapon and holy sword it does not stack with barbarian rage. Could it be possible to change the damage type barbarian rage adds so it'll stack with bonus damage provided by the weapon?

Biolab00
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Crafted Naginata and Barbarian Rage

Post by Biolab00 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:56 am

Hi

I'm just giving my small opinion here...
Because I'm simply curious of barbarian using naginata because they can never cross class to monk though

Uh, it works too if you think the weapon is cool :D

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:53 am

I recall having that problem when using a spear too. Unfortunately any damage type you give a weapon will not stack with one buff or another, I think?

Gotta pick a weapon that suits your character's abilities, and in barbarian case, a slashing weapon.
Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Algol

Post by Algol » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:09 pm

Naginata has three distinct advantages in my eyes, makin it worth using by picking exotic weapon feat.

1) It looks like a pike

2) The base weapon has slash/blunt damage IMO this combines well with it's x3 crit modifier, makin it's crits less likely to be affacted by damage immunity.

3) In crafted recipes its base damage type and added damage are different. So it'll stack with damage bonus you get from an enchantment spell (like holy sword, blade thirst and bless weapon.)