BG

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

CptJonas

BG

Post by CptJonas » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:34 pm

Is it just me...or anyone else is wondering why BG is still locked behind AB as prestige class...and isnt same as paladin pickable from 1st level?

Its not something about lore...its just game thing bcs BG were not in base game...

Your look on that?

cowboy

Re: BG

Post by cowboy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Honestly it probably should just be free to MC in (or maybe moved into a base class, rather than prestige.)

Considering spellbooks are going to be possible in the next major update from beamdog (their words), probably worth looking into.
If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen are defrocked, shouldn't it follow that cowboys would be deranged?

JustMonika

Post by JustMonika » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:22 pm

Blackguard is significantly better than Paladin already.

Temporarily back to Arelith and currently Lilliana Snowfire.

If you have unfinished business with Ultrianan, let me know! Arabella has been rolled.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:46 pm

I'm sure it has to do with the epic summons at 16 vs level 26

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:01 pm

JustMonika wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:22 pm
Blackguard is significantly better than Paladin already.
Do not say things that you know are wrong on the internet please

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:07 am

Archnon wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:46 pm
I'm sure it has to do with the epic summons at 16 vs level 26
1) You can change that...Thats arelith change anyways

2) you can even leave that max of 10 preepic levels....just let us to pick it at first level....so if we want to play...I dunno...DD or maybe WM combined with BG we dont need to work with 3rd class and 2 prestige classes at same time... (everyone who ever tryed that knows how hard and frustraiting is to trying something like this....)

Wuthering

Post by Wuthering » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:35 am

I suspect you cannot pick any prestige class at 1st level though, having to take it later (and take 10 levels max before 20) is likely built into the game. Maybe a dev can override that or maybe not.

The BAB requirement could be lowered or removed so you can take it at level 4, maybe? That's about all I would imagine is possible if anything is to be done (at least the hide and PA requirement are gone, right?)

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:50 pm

cowboy wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:56 pm
Honestly it probably should just be free to MC in (or maybe moved into a base class, rather than prestige.)

Considering spellbooks are going to be possible in the next major update from beamdog (their words), probably worth looking into.
Blackgaurd/=

Paladin mirror/ anti paladin.

Paladin has to be LG and blackgaurd is any evil

Black gaurd has no strict code of ethics either. It's something a characters develops into desiring power above all else, being a pawn of evil, etc.

What kind of evil god corrupts a HD 1 creature with their dark blessings lol?

CptJonas

Post by CptJonas » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:06 pm

malcolm_mountainslayer wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:50 pm
cowboy wrote:

Blackgaurd/=

Black gaurd has no strict code of ethics either. It's something a characters develops into desiring power above all else, being a pawn of evil, etc.

Same as with big corporations...and national sevices (Army, secret agency..)...
You must start picking them when they are young and dumm :D

malcolm_mountainslayer

Post by malcolm_mountainslayer » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:44 pm

CptJonas wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:06 pm
malcolm_mountainslayer wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:50 pm
cowboy wrote:

Blackgaurd/=

Same as with big corporations...and national sevices (Army, secret agency..)...
You must start picking them when they are young and dumm :D
I mean if we are talking about anti paladins from pathfinder that is a base class and has stricter alignment requirements than blackguard, then I would agree with you.

real life logic of corporations doesn't translate to fantasy world with HDs being the equivalent of 'life force'. Like Young and dumb usually just ends up dumb and dead. like you don't have to worry about this 24 years old have 5 more HD than this other 19 year old. A slight strength difference isn't a big deal, compared to say survive five times the amount of stab attacks from common peasants. Blackguards also don't get immunity to fear, they are not required to have the focus that has little for self preservation getting in the way for their higher cause. I understand Arelith does not necessarily adhere strictly to table top DnD on several aspects though, so it is not a hill worth dying over if "balance and coolness" say we can do it.