Drow Sunlight Sensitivity

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Apokriphos

Drow Sunlight Sensitivity

Post by Apokriphos » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:11 am

I would like for drow player characters to receive their 3.5 edition pnp penalties when caught outside during daylight, unless within magical darkness or the Shadowshield spell.

According to the Official 3.5 Edition rules - links below, "Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled (a dazzled creature takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls, Search checks, and Spot checks) as long as they remain in the affected area."

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Elves ... row_(Race)

https://books.google.com/books?id=-6GRD ... nd&f=false

Although the penalty would be minor, I feel this change would better match the servers' 'what you see is what you get with - policy' regards to drow roleplay while on the surface and caught in daylight.

To compensate drow players for this new penalty, I suggest giving them faerie fire and dancing lights (the wild mage object color change spell) as a once use/day to match their pnp equivalent - "Spell-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire."

Miaou

Re: Drow Sunlight Sensitivity

Post by Miaou » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:38 am

While there is an ongoing topic of how light sensitivity should be handled on the server always fluttering around, this is very much a suggestion which are currently not being accepted due to the developers needing time to go through the extensive backlog from previously approved requests.

Feel free to open up a new topic to discuss the current mechanics of sunlight sensitivity in a more discussion-y way.